Thursday, February 5, 2015

Way Cool Space Telescopes, Weekend Follies, Stephen Hawking (sort of) and Leslie Nielsen

Hubble Space Telescope
Hi everyone, I’m still getting a few Blog Blitz comments trickling in. Thanks again. This totally made my week. Today I’m posting over at the A to Z Blog on Space Telescopes CLICK HERE

Most people know about the Hubble Space Telescope. But did you know there have been dozens and dozens of space telescopes launched since the Uhuru (Swahili for freedom) in 1970. Do yourself a favor and go over there and check it out. You’ll be glad you did. 

Then come right back for the Weekend Follies, this time spooking Dr. Stephen Hawking in the teen-movie Superhero Movie. Or watch the video first, then CLICK HERE for an awesome post on space telescopes. The language is a bit crude (what do you expect from a teen movie) but hey, it stars Leslie Nielsen and that’s good enough for me. 


NASA Image
As we head into a new year, 2015 promises to be an exciting one for astronomy buffs. Many rare and notable celestial events will occur our night sky that can be seen from your back yard with the naked eye, a decent set of binoculars or an average telescope including: 





* Missions to Visit Three Dwarf Planets Ceres, Pluto, and Charon 
* Planetary Events and Conjunctions 
* Solar and Lunar Eclipses 
* Meteor Showers 
* Comets and Asteroids 
* New Government and Commercial Spacecraft Launches and Current Missions 

There will be surprises when we visit the three dwarf planets as we can only speculate as to what discoveries we begin to unfold about our universe. So hold on tight as this year will be full of awe and wonder as we explore our solar system under an incredible cast of heavenly wonders. Test

JOIN OUR LIST

Sign up using your social media account
OR using your email address
Email*
First Name *
 

This is a once a month newsletter. Simply fill out the form below with your first name and your email address. I will never compromise your information to anyone. Ever. Unsubscribe at any time.

Once you sign up, I invite you to take a moment and check out my Homepage


Email marketing by GraphicMail

15 comments:

  1. Mike broke the Hubble! Mike broke the Hubble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, I've been trying to find that clip. I'll keep searching.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your Blitz,(owing to many problems haven't been on line.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blitz day is always fun and wonderful to hear you enjoyed yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't seen that clip before; silly :) I signed up to participare in Blitz; it looks like fun. Enjoy the weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed your Blitz! Happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to check out those telescopes. Glad you had fun getting blitzed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. It's nice you're helping us 'Celebrate' the telescopes! And that clip - I think I'm scarred for life. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a funny clip! I love Leslie Nielsen too. Have a great weekend, Stephen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, fellow, Blitzee! I love telescopes! One of my writing friends is an administrator of a series of telescopes in NM, Australia, etc. Thanks for dropping by my blog on Blitz Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just writing about Stephen Hawking for a client--specifically the movie of his life that's out right now. I had no idea there were so many telescopes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome clip... lol! Have a super weekend Stephen. X

    http://shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you have haven't seen The Theory of Everything you'll want to put that on your list of movies to see. Eddie Redmayne has an amazing portrayal of Hawking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so many space telescopes! I had no idea there were that many. Also, congrats on the blog blitz! Those are always happy surprises... :)

    ReplyDelete